RECENT COMMENTS

Saturday, November 27, 2004

beerbohm

Coventry Patmore preaches very vehemently to the Rossettis that a tea-pot is not worshipful for its form and colour but as a sublime symbol of domesticity

From an on-line version of Rossetti and His Circle by Max Beerbohm



Comments: beerbohm

I dont think Mrs Rossetti is very impressed, by the look of her. And rightly so. If a man's home is his castle, a woman's teapot is her...?

Does she give Mr Patmore a poke in the eye? He looks a right bastard. I would.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at November 28, 2004 01:51 PM

Hmmm... Caravan? ;)

http://www.teapottery.co.uk/Mid-Size_Teapots_4/Caravan_42.htm

(a recycled link)

No, I don't think she buys it. Spouting again?

But from what I read in a book (bought on Friday)
it seems the domestici-tea was rather strained.


Posted by boynton at November 28, 2004 08:23 PM

Whenever I play 'what teapot is that' I'll be sure to drop you a line.
Posted by Scott Wickstein at November 28, 2004 11:46 PM

No comments: