RECENT COMMENTS

Monday, November 29, 2004

bing's intensity

We feel we've captured Bing's intensity and inspirational spirit in our tribute to this American Icon.


via monty python dolls via life in the present


Comments: bing's intensity

Think the sculptor must be related to some of those court artists. I gazed upon the model and thunk, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ... starring Fred Astaire."
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2004 01:12 PM

... but my optics deceive me! I do believe it's Stan Laurel.
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2004 01:17 PM

"Yes officer, I'm sure. It's definitely suspect 3. Gene Kelly. The one that married that princess from the Monaco Bar."
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2004 01:23 PM

"Loved and remembered (enough to render?) by millions"

btw I have oft noted the decline of the art of Court Sketching, with the odd exception. Perhaps this is a conservative viewpoint, but is there a trend away from photo-fit Realism to pastelly Expressionism?
Posted by boynton at November 29, 2004 01:35 PM

Everyone wants to be the next Jackson Pollock.

The oddest thing to see is the courtroom sketch that appears on the teev news - pixelated! Disheartening for the talented courtroom artist* that their magnum opus should be seen so accurate as to require pixieskasing.

My hope is that if one day my Cayman Island Offshore Online Interactive Thimble and Pea Two-Up Facility turns turtle, I will be in a line-up with one of those all thumbs, finger painting court artists charged with the task of pointing the finger.

'Tis a strange and seemingly anachronistic trade.

*Oxymaroon (or possibly Prussian blue) alert.
Posted by Sedgwick at November 29, 2004 02:38 PM

http://www.nga.gov.au/International/Catalogue/Detail.cfm?IRN=45694&ViewID=2&GalID=ALL
Is this a fair likeness of the GG?

(would run it through the pixelate filter - but I guess you get the picture)
Posted by boynton at November 29, 2004 07:37 PM

Yes, when it comes to "intensity" I always think of the Bing - that white hot avater of burnin' soul.

And what's with this "Synchro-Motion technology" bit. I thought it already came with the original.
Posted by Nabakov at November 29, 2004 09:19 PM

No comments: